Sunday, September 14, 2008

We Love ya Daddy!




Well, this one is actually for Daddy down in TX. He came in town for 36 hours and left out on Saturday after lunch. The conditions in Texas are much worse than he saw in Louisiana with Gustav. We went to church this morning and asked a friend to take a quick pic to send to him. The utility guys/gals are working around the clock in less than great conditions. Michael is staying at the hotel even though they have no power (ie: air conditioning, TV). So after they work a 12-16 hour day, they go back and crash in a tiny and muggy hotel room. I feel so blessed to have a dry house with lights! Even here there are many families with no power. And restoration is slow because the crews are all in TX/LA.


While Michael is gone for this storm I have decided to be more productive than I was for the last storm. I have started working on my Christmas cards and am transfering my pictures from our desktop to our laptop/CD. After we transfer all the pics I will get rid of that dinasour of a desktop and Bailey Rose will have a much bigger workspace on her desk. I also have plans for my "Secret Corner of Shame". This little corner of the countertop collects clutter and such and should really be more organized. Perhaps I will do the junk drawer as well. So, more productivity and less pouting! Such a plan! Please pray for our dear work crews working so hard in the areas effected by the recent storms. God bless and goodnight.

3 comments:

Kathryn said...

Wow!! You are SMOKIN'!!! You should wear that dress EVERYDAY...

Debbie T said...

Em, you're so pretty and the kids look great! Isaac's not a bit ornery, is he? He can't hide it - it's in his smile!! Hope Mike continues to stay safe and comes home soon! hang in there! Deb

Toni said...

Wow, Emily!!! You look HOT!!!