Thursday, September 4, 2008

My New Brother Might be Named Noah...

It has been raining here for, well, forever! Last night at church was communion and I really wanted to attend. However, I was a little wary of the rain situation. We went to service and came right back home. I wanted to make sure we could get into our neighborhood and not get washed away! The city crews have been in our subdivision all day trying to resolve the drainage problem. Apparently the storm drain catty-corner from us wasn't draining properly and consequently our neighbors' yard CAVED IN!!! Holy Moly! So the city crews brought in lots of earth movers and big black tubes and Lots and Lots of dirt (which is now mud). I am ready for things to dry out just a little so that I can try and mow my big Fat lawn! Glory Be that grass is thick! Hope you are all staying afloat! (This picture was taken from our driveway. See our little oak tree? His name is Frankie.)

1 comment:

Renee' said...

Her yard caved in???? YIKES!!! If you need any help with the lawn let me know... I have two big strong boys who can lend their muscle.