Saturday, July 4, 2009

Hello!

Well, I haven't blogged in..... forever! The biggest reason for my "blogger absence" is that my computer has depression issues and may not make it. If the 'puter does survive (a big DOES) then the kids will inherit it. In the meantime, we ordered (drumroll please!) a new computer! Yippee! It won't be delivered for about a week and I am wondering how I will survive. What a test this will be! Right now I am blogging on Michael's laptop but he is leaving for a week (work trip) and I will be computerless (is that a word?). I can check email and such at the church computer so I am guessing I will live.

Now I will try and catch up on little things we have done this summer:

VBS- I became the director by default and my husband became "Skeeter". If you attend the "Crocodile Dock" themed VBS then you will know who this character is. Pictures to follow when the new 'puter arrives. We had a great week and the kids learned a ton! We are already planning next year's VBS.

Homeschooling- The kids have been keeping up about 2-4 hours a day of home school. They actually LIKE it! We have taken "vacation" days when GrandTone and GrandPa came to visit. I love the flexibility of homeschooling. We finished reading "James and the Giant Peach" and have started "The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane". Kate DiCamillo also wrote "The Tale of Desperaux". I think this book is actually better than "Desperaux".

Traveling- We have traveled with Michael on two different work trips. The kids love this! They think that a hotel is about as much fun as any one person can have. (How cool is it to have a fridge RIGHT in front of your bed!?!?) Also, they LIVE at the pool while we wait for Michael to finish his work day.

Bible Study- I am continuing my Thursday Bible study through the summer. We are focusing on prayer, worship and spiritual warfare. Bailey Rose and I are also doing a SUPER fun momma/daughter bible study on Wednesday nights called "Secret Keeper Girl: The Power of True Beauty and Modesty". It is lots of fun and has really taught me alot about my up and coming "Tweener". If you have a gal between the ages of 8-12 I highly recommend this study. They also have a series for teens. I haven't seen it but I am sure it is just as good.

Exercise: We have joined a gym and I am back at the exercise routine that I left in Kansas. It feels great. My Baby sister has talked me into running the half at the KC Marathon in October. I love a deadline and a goal so I am glad she suggested it. Course, now I have to talk my body into actually DOING it! I ran a little today and I feel my legs.... they are still there and I have full confidence that they will cooperate.

That's about it for now. It is the Fourth so we are off to cook out with some surrogate family members and watch the fireworks! God bless you all! I look forward to regular blogging and pics very soon! Happy Fourth of July!

2 comments:

Debbie T said...

Happy 4th, EmiP and the rest of your fam! The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane - we LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that book at our house - even Jake (and he's 16!). There's nothing not to love about that book! We still miss you here in KS but we're happy that things are fun and exciting in Arkansas! Hugs, Deb

Astrid in Bristling Acres said...

Hi Emily!

So nice to hear from you again!

Good luck with the half marathon! I keep trying to talk myself into running one but I keep chickening out! Probably would help if I had someone to train with....

I didn't know you homeschooled...you like it?