Sunday, October 25, 2009

Wonderful Weekend!

Ok, I always post these thing backwards... aggghhhhh!!! So bear with me as I explain picture by picture!

This cake was for Isaac's football team. They were in the playoffs Sunday afternoon. Kind of a "4-6 year old Superbowl"! Holy Moly! How exciting! We played a tough team and even though we didn't win (32 to 14) the kids still had lots of fun! Let them eat cake! Ha!
This is a double sheet cake I made for a friend's daughter who was turning 11. She wanted lots of stripes and polka dots..... so that's what she got! :) This cake was a new challenge for me. They didn't want the cake completely covered in fondant. Usually I give the cake a good icing in buttercream and then top it off with fondant. So this cake had a base icing of "crusting buttercream" with fondant accents. It was fun to do and, as always, I learned even more!

The concert was very elaborate. Lots of scene /costume changes..... really amazing. This gal sang forever! I was quite impressed at all she was able to do..... We got these tickets for BaileyRose's birthday. We had super seats so we had a blast!


This is what a sweet little nine year old girl looks like right before she is going to see Miley Cyrus- LIVE!


So, Saturday night was the MILEY CYRUS concert baby! We had such big fun! It was a total GNO! (Girl's Night Out is a Miley song, for those of you that aren't in the "know") My BaileyRose was such a little cutie.... a bit overwhelmed by everything. She has such a grateful heart and made me such a proud momma. Love you girlie!


On Friday, the kids were out of school and Mike had the day off! Yippee! So we all went to the movies! We had been waiting for "Where the Wild Things Are". The reviews from the family are mixed. The kids and I really liked it but Mike.... not so much. It is really more of a "film" than a movie. And it is perfect for kids around BaileyRose and Isaac's ages. I am not sure it would hold a younger child's attention. Cute boys, aren't they!?


Ike's class had a field trip to the Discovery Museum in downtown Little Rock. Such a cool place and really tough to do in just one visit~ especially with 100+ first graders! We saw a super neat demo with dry ice and various household objects. Now Isaac wants to put everything in that "hot ice" (as he calls it!).








1 comment:

Debbie T said...

So much fun!!! All of it! I have a little girl that would have had that same expression if she got to see Miley live!!!! Too cute! Love your cakes! Hugs, Debbie