Tuesday, October 28, 2008
BTW, I don't have any pictures to post! We were having such a good time we didn't even think to take pics! HA! Next time maybe....
Monday, October 20, 2008
>When my babies are sick, I don't have to choose where I will be! My priority lies with them at that moment and I can give myself fully to them without guilt or financial strain! Thank you Father! And thank you Michael!
>We haven't had to go to the dr in MONTHS!!! I mean MONTHS!!!! Can I get an Amen? My children, namely BaileyRose, have been challenged with health issues in the past but gosh! Talk about healing! A snot nose is almost welcome!
>We have put back monies to pay for dr bills and medical supplies. It is always fun to keep that money back but this is where it is meant to be used.
>I have a warm house to keep my children in and help them get better.
Okay, I will stop here but please know that the blessings certainly do not. God is so amazing to watch and behold. Each day I ask to have His blessings on my life revealed so that I can Know Him more. Let me tell you, He Always delivers. Have a day full of awareness that your Heavenly Father is blessing you in big ways and small.
Saturday, October 18, 2008
- My all time favorite food is baked corn tortillas (til they are nice and crispy). Not tortilla chips, just the little round tortillas (MiCasa brand are my favorite).
- I am a house cleaning zealot (I Swiffer AT LEAST once a day) but my Chrysler Town and Country is ummmmm, well not exactly tidy.
- I often have dreams concerning the construction of bows and good deals on ribbon. In my dreams I usually get these deals at a mind-blowing garage sale.
- I have a STRONG aversion to my husband's NASTY toenails. Really, these are BAD and had I closely inspected them BEFORE the marriage, they could have been a deal breaker.
- I have known said husband since I was 6 months old.
- I am 35 years old and I have never smoked a cigarette. Ever. Yuck.
- I refuse to kill spiders (in or out of the house) and will very often scoop them up with a cup and transport them to a more appropriate home.
See Renee'? I am really pretty normal! Are you disappointed? I know on the surface I SEEM strange but after reading my sister's list I am thinking I am actually the most normal one in the family. Hmmm, that almost makes me sad! HA! I love you crazy VanDruffs! God bless you and Good night!
Thursday, October 9, 2008
- My Momma coming to visit and being crazy and silly with my kiddos
- Enough money to purchase a super cool Bible for my Hubby
- A super cool Hubby that wanted a new Bible
- Crisp fall evenings
- a yummy dinner waiting for our family in the crock pot!!! Love me some crock pot!
That's my list for today.....
Today my Momma is coming to visit. Tomorrow is Grandparents day. If you know my Momma, then you know she doesn't really fit the "Grandparent" mold so it strikes me funny that she will be an Honoree at this event. Monday and Tuesday I subbed at the kid's school. Crazy! (Pray for 1st grade teachers) Yesterday I did not get a call and got to stay home and CLEAN!!!!! Yea!!!! I know, even I was amazed at how excited I was. When I mentioned my "homebound" situation to BaileyRose, she commented on GrandTone's visit. "Now you can clean for when GrandTone comes to visit." Nah, not really. GrandTone brings her own mess with her. But I must say, I thoroughly enjoyed cleaning my home yesterday. God showed me what a joy being "just" a homemaker and SAHM truly is. And what an honor it is! Imagine that! Go figure! Shout out to the Big Man! I also switched out seasonal clothes for both children (Big Job!). So, GrandTone will be here today and we are very ready and very excited. She is bringing baby kitties. How fun is that? Okay, here is some more for ya Kat. My grocery list: Ovaltine, a new pillow, picture hangers, Cow Milk and Soy milk, tortillas, peanut butter, light bulbs, spray butter. I have Bible study in about 13 minutes so I better go smooth my curls. One more thang, go- today- and purchase the book, "The Shack". It will Change Your Life. I just finished it Tuesday. Amazing. Never have I heard the trinity explained so well. God loves us so much and He wants us to understand, as much as our human minds will allow, just How much He loves us. This Will redefine how you talk with Him. Really, go get it. Now. Stop reading. Get in the car...... Why are you still reading? GO! Carmel Corn......
Thursday, October 2, 2008
- My sweet husband who is back home from the hurricanes! For good! Yippee!
- Cinnamon Altoids dipped in Dark Chocolate
- Two working vehicles
- A sense of self worth from Great Parents, an amazing husband and a beautiful Heavenly Father-BTW, I am reading "Captivating" by John and Stasi Eldridge if you can't tell! Every woman should read this book!
- a HUGE garage sale in a neighboring subdivision that starts tomorrow at SEVEN AM!!!
That is my list for today.....
Michael and I helped the coach keep everyone on the field.
So tonight Ike had his last practice before his first big game on Saturday! Now, I wasn't raised in a football family- my dad was a band director and our family was not especially fond of marching season. But may I tell you that Flag Football for 4 and 5 year olds is one of the cutest things I have had the pleasure of witnessing! These little guys are gung ho and playing ball! My little guy is, obviously, the cutest one on the team but don't take my word for it.... see for yourself.
(Down, Set, Hut!)